February 20, 2023
How To Become An Esthetician In Idaho
Do you have a passion for skincare? Have you always stayed up-to-date with the latest trends in beauty? It might be time to pursue a career in esthetics! When you choose a career in beauty, you can look forward to an exciting future ahead. While every state has their own requirements to getting an esthetician license, we’re going over what’s required in the state of Idaho!
Complete An Esthetics Program
The first step to becoming an esthetician is to enroll in the right program! Choosing the right program is essential to your success as an esthetician. This is where you’ll learn everything you need to know to become an esthetician and the skills you learn will greatly impact your career.
Our esthetics program is 600 hours with both full-time and part-time schedules available. In this program, you can expect to learn:
- Body treatments
- Hair removal
- Lash extensions
- Advanced treatments and machines
- Skin disorders and analysis
- Product chemistry
- Career planning
- Retail sales
- And more
At Austin Kade, we want to provide our students with the opportunity to learn everything they’ll need to be successful in their careers. We have a passion for helping our students turn their dreams into realities! We believe that an education should be exciting and fun. We’ve put a lot of time into the environment we create and strive to bring passion to the classroom.
Once you have successfully completed the program, you can now apply to take your exams!
Take And Pass The Written And Practical Esthetics Exam
A score of 75% is required to pass the written and practical exams. If a candidate fails, they will need to retake the failed exam in its entirety.
This is where you’ll put your knowledge and skills to the test! The duration of the Practical Exam is approximately 3 hours. It consists of the following:
- Work area preparation and set up of supplies (10 minutes)
- Client preparation and basic facial (25 minutes)
- Work area preparation for new client and set up of supplies (10 minutes)
- New client preparation and hair removal of the eyebrows using simulated soft wax and tweezing (5 minute set-up, untimed procedure)
- Facial makeup (20 minutes)
- Blood exposure procedure (10 minutes)
The allotted time for this exam is 90 minutes. You can expect to be tested on the following:
- Scientific concepts (55%)
- Skin care and services (45%)
Get To Work!
Congratulations, you made it! You’ve passed your exams and now it’s time to reap the rewards of your hard work! Choosing a career in esthetics is a very rewarding path and we’re excited to see where you’ll take it! Some potential career possibilities are:
- Beauty Spa Esthetician
- Medical Spa Esthetician
- Doctors Office Esthetician
- Spa Manager / Owner
- Esthetics Instructor
- Hair Removal Specialist
- Makeup Artist
- Eyelash / Eyebrow Specialist
- Beauty Blogger / Influencer
Renew Your Esthetician License
In order to continue working, you’ll need to renew your esthetician license every 2 years. You will receive a notice about six weeks prior to your expiration date, but it’s up to you to be on top of it!
Why Choose A Career In Esthetics?
There are many benefits to choosing a career in esthetics. While you may be passionate about skincare, that’s not the only beneficial thing about working in this industry!
- High Demand: Interest in skincare has grown over the years, which means that there is an increase in jobs.
- Rewarding Career: Everyday is an opportunity to help people feel their best and improve their confidence in their skin.
- Flexibility: Many salons and spas let their employees choose which days and hours they work.
- Independence: Many estheticians choose to work for themselves, which allows for greater control over their schedules, services, and client base.
Ready To Get Started?
Are you ready to turn your dream into a reality? Let us help you! Contact us with any questions you may have regarding your education, *financial aid, scheduling options, or anything else! We’re so excited that you’re interested in a future with us at Austin Kade. We look forward to meeting you!
*financial aid only available to those who qualify